Thursday, June 18, 2009

Garden Time

One thing Erin and I have strived to do as a parents as been to take advantage of or create moments were are children are able to engage new things. As we entered the month of May, Eliana and I planted several small seeds that would hopefully yield a small harvest of cucumbers and squash. Well, to my dismay, these little seeds took off and a decision laid in my hands, "Do I keep these little sproutlings and make a garden in the back yard or do I throw them away when Eliana is not looking?" Well, I decided to do something no one in my immedi ate family have ever done, so I made the garden! To date we have several little cucumbers and squash growing. Oh yeah...and we planted one watermelon vine. Stay tuned to see what we get. You can see Eliana watering the plants with such care and precision.

No comments: