Friday, August 22, 2008

I Know....I Know!

I know I know...it's been like months since my last entry. I do apologize to all 3 of you that actually check every month to see if Clay has anything to say. Well the big question is what in the world do I write about. I mean after a 2 month sebbatical and hours of pondering the next blog entry, one would expect something amazing, right? Well the truth is, there are so many things to write about, but where do I start? I think about the road my family has been down the last 6 months and the emotional effects brought on by the loss of a brother-in-law and a brother away in Iraq helping defend this awesome country. Or the times Erin, Eliana, and Harper and I have had to go enjoy with grandparents, friends, and each other. Or how overjoyed I get when I hear of how people at the Journey Church are investing their lives into the lives of others. Whether that be sharing a cup of coffee, helping paint rooms, listening to a couple struggling with their marriage, and college students staying up late to figure out how they are going to make an impact on their campus for Christ. ALL OF YOU GUYS ROCK!
There is no doubt the last few months have been full of some emotional highs and lows, but I thank my God that through it all he tells me He never changes. That means that through my ups and downs, He still lavishes the same love on me that He always has. That also means He has the same expectations for me regardless of my situations. Those expectations are for me to love Him, love my wife and children, and to love and invest in the lives of the people he has place around. I look forward to being more specific in my future posts about the great and not so great things going on. Until then...I hope not another 2 months.

No comments: